My friend, Ore, introduced me to this fabulous recipe. You know when your palette is maturing (or you’re just plain getting old) when you like Brussels sprouts.
What you need:
1 pound fresh Brussels sprouts
2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 white onion
extra-virgin olive oil
sea or kosher salt and fresh black pepper
3 slices bacon
What to Do:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Remove any tough outer leaves from the Brussels sprouts and slice them in half.
3. Add to a large bowl along with the sweet potatoes, drizzle with a generous amount of olive oil and season well with salt (about 1 teaspoon) and pepper.
4.Toss with your hands rubbing the oil and spices into the vegetables and adding more olive oil if needed.
5. Arrange in single layer on baking sheet.
6. Bake about 25-30 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender and Brussels sprouts are browned.
7. Cook bacon on stove until crispy. Cool and drain on paper towel. Crumble.
8. Sprinkle bacon over cooked vegetables, toss well and serve.